Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quinoa Tabbouleh

My friend Karen brought a delicious Quinoa dish to work today and it reminded me of my mom's tabbouleh, so I made up this recipe. It was ever so delicious. We ate and ate and ate until it was all gone.

Quinoa Tabbouleh
1 cup quinoa
1 3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 Tbs olive oil

Rinse Quinoa, then cook with water and salt for about 20 minutes (until water is absorbed). Stir in olive oil and let sit until about room temp (doesn't really need to get all the way cool)

While quinoa is cooking, chop into about 3/8 in. pieces:
1 medium tomato
1 medium cucumber
1 avocado
apx 1/4 c chopped onion (I used a red onion from farmer's market)
generous handful of cilantro
small handful of arugula (optional)

Dressing (apx measure):
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/4 c olive oil
salt

Stir up dressing, I used my magic bullet. Mix together quinoa, veggies, and dressing. Enjoy. Pita chips would be good, but we ate it with our favorite Juanitas Corn Chips (from Winco).

No comments: